Personalisation is one the best ways to gain trust from a customer and begins a conversation between you (your business) and your customer.
A great way of starting this process is by sending a welcome email to your subscribers, right after they have shared their email address with you.
Here are some tips you can follow while writing your welcome email and that can be applied to your whole email marketing strategy:
- Always address your subscriber by their first name, rather than just saying generic greetings like ‘Hello Subscriber’. Calling them out by their first name will instantly develop a bond and will make them feel more connected to you, on a personal as well as professional level.
- Tip: Make sure you keep a column for first names and that your sign up forms include first name and email as a minimum.
- Keep it short and sweet. Instead of writing a whole paragraph on how grateful you feel that they have subscribed to your mailing list, just write one or two lines thanking them and then move to provide value.
- Once the welcome email has been sent, wait a day or two and then start sending your weekly or daily newsletter.
- Keep an eye on the stats and see if your emails are opened, what time is spent reading them and if the links are being clicked on or not. Adjust your future emails based on this data.
Try it out and see how much more interaction you get when you personalise!